Wednesday, June 29, 2005

There's something about a cold day, warm socks and warm slippers...My Titan toasters that is...


But this is down right creepy.

Did any of you ever watch the Davey and Goliath series in claymation? I thought it was great, in a dark sort of sense. There 's just something about claymation that doesn't sit well. A co-worker of mine showed me one of her projects from college (claymation, which is why I'm writing about this). And it kind of creeped me out. Maybe it was something of the way the figures couldn't quite move like normal that set me on this tangent... But then I got to thinking about the old ones that I'd seen as a kid and figured out that I've felt this way all along about these types of animation. Dark humor, which is okay, but awkward at the same time. Not that I'm afraid that my clay sticks are going to mold themselves into a person, try to talk to me about physics, and how living in my basement on the art table could indeed, spark life into inadament objects such as it's self. However the odds of that and making it through all the spiders before getting up stairs, would be something to write about...
Does this creepy anyone else out? Or should I chalk it up to my 'odd fears', along with my 'fear' of little people, or more specifically, little people that I would hope not to find staring at me when I wake up in the middle of the night. Sheesh! To all a happy ending!

No comments: