Monday, October 31, 2005

Everyone's Got to Rock Sometime, my current top 20 songs.


But before we get into that here is this: Caleb, at church tonight, somehow spilled a gob load of hot/warm wax all over himself. We just finished up a bath getting it all out of his hair. Poor little guy! :( He was very good about it, I wondered if I was just going to have to get out the clippers and say goodbye to his hair... But no, conditioner and small combs later, all gone and a happy boy. Yay!

So what you've all been 'waiting for', my current top 20. These are just my favorites at the moment, and have been over the past few years. These are also songs that I can pop in and am instantly in a different mood. These are not restricted to, but rather are a strong addition to my playlist. These of course are the favorites thus far. The list is only singular songs, I'll probably have to come up with my top bands or CD's that I can listen to as a whole to include most of 'Halloween, Alaska' songs (I couldn't pick just one), the pixies, most of the frames, and most of Iron and wine. Okay, here they are in no particular order:

'Licorice' by the love cars
'Colorblind' by Counting Crows
'Such Great Heights' by Iron and Wine (a postal service cover)
'Somewhere North' by Caedman's Call
'The First Day of My Life' by Bright Eyes
'Duluth' by Mason Jennings
'Where's My Mind' by the Pixies
'Blue Eyes' by the Cary Brothers
'Black Eyed Dog' by Nick Drake
'January Rain' by David Gray
'Film' by the Bad Plus
'Tender Blindspot' by Peter Mulvey
'Fake' by the Frames
'Sometimes' by My Bloody Valentine
'Inside of Love' by Nada Surf
'Without' by Ryan Lee
'Volcano' by Damien Rice
'Don't Panic' by Cold Play
'Thinking About You' by Martin Sexton
'Extraordinary Machine' by Fiona Apple

Beautiful. These were just songs that I thought of this weekend as some of my favs. There are a bunch that I've left out, but so far, I think it's a pretty good list! ;)

Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

Melody said...

Retro??? Their stuff is still very cool. ;) Alright, no. I believe that they are still not back together. But, I just realized (as I researched the band today) that Kevin Sheilds is in MBV! Which is why I would have given the comparision of Kevin with MBV. I thought that was hilarious after my search. There was talks about the band getting back together, but Kevin basically said 'Bloody hell' and nothing happened. ;) Go figure!