Friday, August 26, 2005

Craving the Original


There's this song that plays on 'the current' and always makes me perk up my ears in hopes that it is the Pixies 'Where is my mind', but it's not. After hearing the song I get this terrible craving for the Pixies... Any Pixies song will do just to get that awful 'not the right song' out of my head. I've noticed lately there have been a lot of things that remind me of my 'firsts' and leave me craving their originals. Friends, food, gas prices... The list goes on.

On another note, today as I pulled up in the bank parking lot I glanced over to my right and saw a woman crying in her car. Not just tears but shear anguish. My thoughts ran to "did she just find out that she has no way to provide for her family because she found out she doesn't have any money left in her account?" "Did she lose someone that she cared for?" "Her boyfriend/husband?" I prayed a small prayer for her as I entered the bank. The bank line was long, but it let my mind wander around the purpose for crying out in pain emotionally. Knowing that I've done the same thing. I've been there, crying and shouting in my car at the world, people, God. Why! Why does this have to happen again! Why does this have to happen at all???!! And the tears pouring out over much needed dry emotions' desert seem comforting and yet empty. The wrenching crying that comes from fighting everything and only feeling like you've lost more than healed, more than what you were protecting. Is it because we don't surrender all to Him and carry the load of life or what we think we can handle until it all falls apart?

My heart went out to her.

Sweet Home Alabama was on tonight...

No comments: