Sunday, November 06, 2005

My Spanish may be terrible, but when we pray we speak the same language



Somehow I feel lost, slightly off course from where I should be. As if someone else is living my life just a few inches away from me. Then I look around and see what an awesome life that I have in front of me and I glow. We should be patriots of our own lives, pursuing the cause and effect of who we are. Not to be so aware of ourselves as to be rude and snooty, but real, essential, needed, healthy minded, and accepting.

Living with a roommate who doesn't understand God and any type of faith beyond calling it 'stories', has made me see things differently. Not that all people of non or other faiths live the same as my closet alcoholic roommate, but it's definitely a perspective that I'll probably be glad to have experienced down the road. God equips the ones he calls. My roommate is so down on himself sometimes, a mixture of misunderstood feelings and trying to blame anyone and anything other than himself. And sometimes himself too harshly. I believe in being a good steward with what I've been given and I've seen fruit from living this way. Watching my roommate seeing what no initiative and motivation can do. The hand-me-down car he just bought is now grounded at Kowalski's, maybe never to see the streets of St. Paul/Minneapolis again-save a tow truck's behind. I gave him my 'Alex' car and he drove her into the ground simply because he was too lazy to put oil in her. Poor baby, didn't even get a chance after I gave her up. So my question to anyone, you the reader, how do I reach my roommate. Him being a guy and I an woman there are boundaries and I would rather step out and just direct than to be in the immediate. My fear is hurting people, mainly when they become interested and I'm not, somehow I feel that my roommate has a slight interest in me which makes everything in conversation awkward. But maybe it's all in my head. His good friend is Mormon, but my roommate is more resistant to that pressure of becoming Mormon, but they read and discuss the bible together (King James of course). I think that's good for my roommate, but the only thing that seems to stick is that life isn't moving in the way that he seems to think it should. And the Devil is after him and giving him an awful life. What to do? He's draining. I'm drained. Drained is a strange word if you type it too much...

No comments: