Wednesday, January 25, 2006

If I really believed it I wouldn't have bought it...

Let down again by advertising. What I'm referring to is the mascara I bought. It claims to 'lengthen' and 'add volume' right before your eyes! Yeah, all I saw was the white stuff highlight the lashes I already knew I had, then you put on the black mascara part and ta da! The exact same result from the other stuff... Only now you need super soap to get this off. Terrible stuff. Lies and all. But we still fall for their tricks and hopes of a better life.

While I enjoyed searching through the mascara aisle and assessing my kill (aka: purchase) I do not enjoy dousing a Q-tip in water and then hand soap to clean away the excess mascara that thoughtlessly adheres itself to the top of my eyelid. This morning the soap stung. The price for beauty...

The bosses are back at the shop, bearing gifts of useless promotional items such as a ball with a string attached to it. The only thing that we found this worked for was/is to frustrate the dogs and poor bubba couldn't comprehend where the ball went after we threw it. Searching the floor desperately trying to find the ball. I think he searched the whole shop on the first try with the ball. It was hilarious. Other such nonsense items included: pen with a pull out banner... Yes, it's true. Want to advertise with your writing utensil? Now you can just pull out the banner and instantly you have the dorkiest form of advertising in the world. There was a fastsigns paper airplane, stress balls, cloth banners, pens, odds and ends. The bosses bought all of us employees personalized mugs. Being that my name is Melody, they couldn't find a mug that said just that so I got the generic 'Mel'. Which is okay, it's my nic name. Throughout the day I thought about the mug and decided to cut the 'ody' out in black vinyl so I'd have my own personalized mug... It turned out beautifully, and so did Pete's...





Speaking of Pete... He performed his 'hippie' dance to Frank Sinatra. That was hilarious, Jamie and I couldn't stop laughing. Then to make it an even greater image he put water in a glass and mimicked how drunk hippies danced. Sloshing water all over the place. It was a riot! I remember tears forming and my sides aching. It was a great time.

One more small note... Today, after 2 yrs. and 8 months... I have a boyfriend. As adolescent as it sounds to me at this moment, it's one of the happiest words in my vocabulary tonight. Boyfriend. What a goofy name. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got this ball on a string from Childrens Hospital and I gave it to Michael. You'd think it was a PS2...that boy was busy for hours...and hours....AND HOURS. (Had to tell him to look at the road a couple of times too.)