Saturday, January 14, 2006

If only my clothes would wash themselves...


I (and my blog) have been tagged by my friend Heather. Since she has tagged me I must share 5 things that you may not know about me...and then I get to tag 5 other people. Ready?

1. I some of the quirkiest electronics ever. My computer turns itself on. Middle of the night, middle of the day, when I shut the computer down I have to have my finger poised on the switch in case it refuses to be turned off and turns itself back on immediately after I've just turned it off. My car stereo doesn't have a CD player, so I bought the ghetto version where you put in a tape adapter. For some reason the tape adapter can't play on side 'B'. When the car is cold (usually) it flips from side 'A' at random to side 'B'. Other times (and this is all the time) when the song is too quiet or if the break between songs is too long the player kind of stops and makes this growling/grinding sound. (which is frustrating when you are trying to enjoy Dave King's drumming in the intro to any of his numerous bands. This condition (the grinding one) can be stopped by pressing the stop/eject button. Which sometimes results in the player getting 'pissed off' and turning off and turning on the Radio as if to say "I give up on you people and your demands, take that!". The radio, works fine. :)

2. I have an ears, eyes, nose and mouth fetish. I'm not going to elaborate.

3. When my sister and I were kids we would get into the brown sugar. We once took a small bowl, filled it quite high with brown sugar, and proceeded to eat it with spoons while mom slept. This was hidden under the hutch and found months/years later when we moved... Ick.. I have a similar story concerning rhubarb.

4. I'm claustrophobic. However I do like trying to fit in boxes. Mainly I think I get nervous when there are too many people around me. I utterly dislike seeing shows at the Quest.

5. Being chosen to dress as the school mascot in high school I was 'required' to go to away games with the cheerleaders. On one such occasion it was the other teams homecoming game. We pulled up in the parking lot and the first thing that I saw was float from their parade with a huge fly swatter and a hornet's butt sticking out of it. (I was the hornet). During the first half of the game the other team's cheerleaders approached me with this: "would you be willing to run across the field while being chased by a giant fly swatter?" To which I replied "um... Only if you don't hit me." It was funny in retrospect. Truth be told I was kind of terrified until we got back in the van to go home.

I don't think I'm going to tag anyone...
I don't know of anyone who hasn't been 'tagged' already and I certainly don't want this to be a regular thing... ;) So if you want to share 5 things feel free to leave them in my comments... or on your blogs. Yay!

No comments: