Saturday, January 28, 2006

Who am I to say it's right?


"i am beginning to think that "judgment day" is less about god sentencing us to any particular place so much as us receiving exactly what we desire. so we should be begging him to change our hearts now so that they do not betray us when the eternal choice is given."

This is taken from my friend Jon's blog.

Something has to be said for close minded people. When I read this I nearly cried. I'd been trying to think of the best words to describe how I felt about the scriptures and how it depicts things. The 'judgment day' being one of them. Sometimes I even question if this is all just a cruel joke that I'm falling for, and then I think of how life would be different if I didn't believe that my Father in Heaven wasn't looking out for me. I know He guides my steps and knows my thoughts. That excites me, the idea of George W. spying on me, well... it's on the lowest of lows and almost descends deeper into the shadows of crossing the fragile line of love and hate.

More on this being a cruel joke. Being a single mother and finding that everything is 10 times more real when you have to deal with situations on your own with no one to emotionally and physically share the burdens of raising a child and being head of the household. It's mentally draining. So draining that sometimes thinking that I've been fooled somehow into believing that God is real sometimes makes me cry and waver as to my thinking that this is correct. But then I re-analyze my life. I wouldn't live it any different, I wouldn't cry out for anything less or more from myself. If we're wrong about God, I guess the truth will come in the end, won't it? All I know is that when following Him I feel complete, comforted that He is there, and has something for me just around the bend, or right now. I know I Love Him beyond all humans, beyond all human knowledge of the word love. To question that is something that shakes my whole being to tears. Being where I am now in life and my idea of who God is has changed over the years. Learning more about life and how it runs has changed my thoughts as to 'how big' God is. When little being taught that God loves the little children and singing songs with such words proclaim Him to be a kind and gentle God, which He is. But upon reaching adolescence and all it's great glory of hormones and hearing that sex is bad and having everything in the media scream about sex and how to do it, how it should be, what it's not... along with the visuals... sometimes I thought God was cruel to keep this for marriage. But I kept plugging away as to the deeper parts of His heart. After marrying the wrong person, realizing this screaming in a pillow locked in a closet, I fell heavily on who He was. I knew that I had not been abandoned for my choices, instantly I felt Him tell me it was going to be okay, that there would be consequences for my actions (they were made in selfish pursuit of happiness and I know that), but that the gifts that life would give, bad and good were to make me into a person that He would hold dear throughout it all. .....And my picture of God grew bigger, my small understanding deepened. After finishing college, having a baby, moving away from my parents yet again, living on my own, losing jobs and searching for a community of people that I belong has changed my heart again. He has used my past to prepare me for my future. I don't believe that anything that I've gone through as been a waste. I know that He has used all of it to put me in the place that I am now, for the purpose that I'm only beginning to understand that I have no idea of what it is, but I'm here, now, for Him. My heart has deepened beyond all the years that I've known God. I hear Him, and I know I hear Him. I know that He's accepted me when I thought no one would. He's brought people into my life that have ment more to me than anyone can describe. And He's looked out for me when I thought no one would. Some could say that I just have a good personality to have gone through those life situations to come through it with a good attitude. But what fun is that, taking credit for stupidity and the perseverance to succeeding some small faction. To each their own.

Sometimes life is so raw. Sometimes I feel like it hits me more that way than others.
Thank you Jon for putting into words what I couldn't. :)

1 comment:

Melody said...

I know! I know! Check your email goob!