Monday, September 12, 2005

The fire never understands the spark, so it is with you and me...


This will be an odd post. Something that I should say in person, as opposed to 'millions' that read my blog. It seems that I do, indeed, have a crush. And after writing those words I'm think it's a bad idea to write this, but I'm going to go on... Insanely into the depths of criticism, embarrassment, and rejection. Maybe that's why it's on here instead of in person. It could be in person, but I feel that I would say nothing and continue to joke around with you as some sarcastic friend hoping for some sign that I wouldn't be rejected in my quest to say how I feel. And I"ve said nothing, for lack of better words to say how I really feel, and being worried that I wouldn't have the right ones to say to you, or maybe, circumstances being what they are, would find myself in tears before you've even answered. Or maybe even before you have processed what I've said. It could be that you've never thought about it, or couldn't determine whether I liked you or not. Or maybe you aren't interested at all. How do you tell? How do I tell? After writing this I kind of feel like a coward. Using a third person form to say all this, or the little that it takes to say what's on my heart. If you think it's you, maybe it is, maybe you're bolder than I and we'll talk about it, or maybe I'll get up the courage just to talk to you about how I feel. Either way, I care deeply about you, enjoy your personality, simply you being you. Maybe I don't know you well enough to have an educated view on who you are, but getting to know you has been slow and enjoyable. You are, and have been, a joy in my life, a breath of fresh air. Thank you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww,shucks, Melsie...I think you're pretty neat too...oh wait...it's not me, is it? Ha! Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I hope the person you're secretly admiring reads this and falls madly in love with you! :)