Thursday, September 08, 2005

The under appreciated employee crumbles from exhaustion.


Yes, that would be me. How do I feel about my current employer? Crappy. The situation as it seems is that I'm 'too good' to be taken away from production into what I've been trained to do which is graphic design for signs. My boss looked irritated that I even handed in my resume. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I think that employers should want their employees working at their full potential. These people probably lost me for good. Just because I'm good on the table doesn't mean that I'm 'happy' there, especially when my degree says otherwise.

These past 3 weeks since the last designer left, have been incredibly insane. I've been doing sometimes 3 people's jobs: Production, Designer, and Sales. Today I left feeling lost, wondering what actually got accomplished and what didn't even get done. I have no idea. I'm just out of it, so stressed to the max that I really don't even care anymore what gets done. After all they are just signs. Burn out creates craters.

On the way home there was this Pickup truck about to explode on 35E! It had flames shooting up and a lot of smoke. Anyone hear what the mushroom cloud in St. Paul was from? Fire everywhere!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The mushroom cloud was the Stroh's Brewery going up in smoke. I saw it from 94 and Snelling when I was headed out toward Maplewood.

About your job; that SUCKS. Is it maybe because they don't want to pay you more? Could be, happened to me at the plasma place. Anyway...

--Gina