Tuesday, September 27, 2005

So, why didn't God make me a redhead???


Seriously, I have proof! Strong willed women have a running go in my families (both parent sides). Here's what mom wrote me today: "Maybe you aren't interested in all these things just yet, but hopefully you will be at some point in your life. Here's the connection for you. If you wonder about why you are so strong-willed and exasperating maybe even to yourself, it is partly because you are the firstborn of the firstborn of the firstborn. And if you are wondering why you have trouble with Caleb sometimes in your "battle of wills" which happens to all parents, (some children's personalities are stronger than others) well now~you've got it!~ you know that a big reason is because Caleb is the firstborn of the firstborn of the firstborn. The important thing to realize is, like my dad told my mom who couldn't believe how stubborn I was, "yes, she is strong-willed, but point her in the right direction and she will not waver." Melody, whenever you have the opportunity with Caleb, point him to Jesus! It is important that he obey you, but it is even more important that he learns to recognize the voice of God in his life."

Also that in a long line of 'first born' sons, she and I appear to be the only first born females thus far. Maybe there are some waaaay back there I think we have some investigators working on that.

Point being, I love my family, I love my mom. Happy Birthday mom!

No comments: