Saturday, September 10, 2005

The passing of a year, a realization of substance.


Yes, today, right now, I am 25. Honestly, I really can't believe that it's my birthday. It's almost like it snuck up on me somehow. These past 3 weeks at work have been incredibly hard and tiring. Having to fill in for 2 missing people plus my own job is tough exhausting work. I almost quit, 5 times. But today, or rather yesterday, in a crazy euphoric way made me ponder the little mundane things about life and why they make life full... Alright, so I may be grasping for straws when describing work this way, yeah, I'm not describing it that way, but even it's crabby crassness and all the incredibly tiring moments, glimpses of hope and laughter do arise from the work place. (this I realized as I drove a Mini Cooper around back to squeegee graphics on).

I know I've said this before but something about this year has made me think. It's been awhile since I've really dated anyone and this year I found that I'm not even feeling a bit depressed that I don't have a significant other to share my birthday. I have amazing friends that a year ago I didn't even know and now I find myself such apart of them that I question how I ever functioned before meeting them. How my life paled in comparison a year ago to the seemingly vibrant surroundings that I call my life, now. What a blessing you have all been. Even in the darkest hours/days there is so much to be thankful for! But most of all I am thankful for the people that mean the most to me, that have been planted/placed in my life by God, whom I'm sure beams with complete joy, when I beam in thought and rant about these people. I really do love you guys, even if at times it may seem like I don't, I do. Thanks for accepting me and being a people that I can rely on. To you I am grateful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birhtday, Melody!

Anonymous said...

Hey Mel, the Kitty Kat was fun- I'd never been there before. Welcome to the 1/4 of a century club!