Saturday, October 15, 2005

MN Rollergirls, a true Minnesotan/American pastime



Yes, I went tonight. St. Paul had 3 major things happening, forcing all the fans to pay high prices for parking and to some how squeeze into the downtown area that, quite honestly, wasn't made to hold that many people at one time. How they pulled it off, I'm amazed! We had the Minnesota Rollergirls (of course), the St. Paul Art Crawl, and the Wild. It was kind of funny. At one end of the the city you had wild fans dressed up in the jerseys along with daggerdoll/garda belt/bombshell/the rocket fans in their perspective colors/almost mascot worthy garb. And on the other side of the city (although the Wild fans along with the roller girl fans were spotted there as well) the arsty crowd thronged the streets. I love St. Paul. The second bout of the season, 'Elegantly Injured' turned out to be one great night! Let me tell you, if you ever get a chance to see the Garda Belts take on the Dagger Dolls... Wow! Is all I've got to say. I was on the edge of my seat! Yeah! However, I did not indulge in the after party as I did last time, therefore this isn't as exciting a post as Nick's version of the first time we both saw the Rollergirls. (His story is all true). Tonight I saw Mason Jennings enjoying the show! What's even more amusing is that no one seemed to know who he was, maybe that's how it goes in your own town. Either way, I saw him as I was passing by and I"m like "Hey! You're Mason Jennings!" (classic move on my dorky part) and then immediately apologized for being a dork. He laughed and appreciated my classic dorky move. *sigh* Mason...

No comments: