Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Although it appeared interesting by the title 'Bitch slap' one could only wonder what kind of content would put that book in the poetry section...


I found myself in various extremes today. I think I spent too much money, and ate too little. I've had beer on half empty stomach, and I know I had a large coffee at Spyhouse on an empty one. Which explains why I'm still up and popping sentences like pills. I'm sick too, so I'm sure my body wants to kill me by now. Oh, well... A single mother only gets so much alone time, and this time that my beloved Caleb is gone, he's gone until the 4th of Jan. Long time. I miss him already. He called tonight.

But like I said. It's been a long and crazy day. I left work today at noon because I was having trouble breathing while working, while standing up. Sitting down... well I just wanted to sleep. I came home. Ate a cold lunch, napped for about a half an hour and then headed out the door on a CD quest. Target, nope. Cheapo, nope. Borders, it says yes on the website, guy on the phone never returned to answer if they really had it in stock. Ordered it online from Amazon, from the same store I had just been too/called, got it from Borders a few hours later reserved and nicely awaiting me at the check out counter. Brilliant. That's fast service.

I went out for a beer after my failed attempt at finding the CD to talk and reconnect. Then a movie 'A dream for an Insomniac'. If you haven't seen it, do. It is brilliantly beautiful. Then home. Phone calls interrupted my creative flow in the basement where my studio is, one from a special person, the other from a son missing his momma.

Then it was out again to retrieve the CD, and then out to Spyhouse coffee shop in Minneapolis. I love it for it's retro flare, large windows, and semi good coffee. Loud music too... However tonight whomever was in charge of the CD player failed terribly to replace the badly skipping CD. That was irritating.

My trip to the bookstore was a pleasant one. I got there and wanted to get a book to read at the coffee shop, and I guess in general. I wandered through aisles looming over shoulders, checked out the wine and cooking section. Nothing good really caught my attention. I grabbed a book by an author whom I can't recall right now, but sounded funny and headed out to the check out counter. I passed by a section of books where a man was reading feverishly, as if devouring lines of this book would save his life. You could tell he was in his own world, probably a very heavenly one. I thought it was beautiful. I approach the counter now clogged with after Christmas customers, somehow wishing that I had just gotten my CD and left when there was only one person in line. But soon made it through and out the doors into the December night.

If you could fallow any of that I commend you. I'm still jittery from coffee... And my body wants to sleep. More to write tomorrow! Oh! The beauty of it all!

No comments: