Saturday, December 17, 2005

A classic case of phone sarcasm chases away gloomy days


For all of you who don't know... I'm a bit of a phone-phobic. After leaving the addiction that I'm sure every young teenage person (especially girls) goes through with the phone, I'm one who usually tries to avoid talking on them for too long. Often times if someone calls me and has nothing to say I have no idea of what to say either. Irritating in the least. My time is more precious than just sitting on the phone listening to your breathing! Another case of melodyism that I go through is this... If you find that in conversations on the phone with me I get kind of quiet and maybe ask you to repeat things you've said... or just mumble mm hmm a few times where actual words and or thoughts should be inserted.. Here's why: It's one of two things. My brain sometimes goes into the mode of charlie brown teacher where everything I hear sounds like muffled noise. My eyes glaze over and I get distracted. Missing important pieces of conversation. (this has only happened in person a few times). Another is I think that since the phone is only using speech and my artist eyes have nothing to focus on, my mind tends to wander. I don't know... however I do have a point to all of this!

We've had a break through here, a 2 hour conversation where I didn't get lost in thought during pauses in conversation! Quite astonishing. That is a loooooong time to be on the phone. But it was good.

No comments: