Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Titles and observations

Having come back from my dad's side of the family reunion over in Wisconsin, along with countless trips through that state I've come to the question... Why do they name their county roads by letters? I am even going to go as far as saying... What, and do they have the county KKK? hmmm...

The family reunion was rather boring. I didn't really know anyone there besides my immediate family and my grandparents. Saturday we took a day trip up to Ironwood, MI where my sister, brother and I were born. We toured through the town (Ironwood) I got to see my first Library, Ballet studio, countless other things, my first house, and the hospital that I was born in. Our house is run down and kind of trashed. We found the back door had been taken off so we took a little tour being the 'breakers of the law' that we are, and went in to find the place had seen better years. It was odd seeing this place torn apart. Have you ever seen 'Extreme Makeover Home edition'? Well it was like that... only backwards. As I walked throught the house I saw in my memory how cool it looked when we lived there, and then the shambles of now. Very sad... I'll have pictures of the outside soon! We then stopped in Besemer (spelling?) to visit the bakery that my parents owned. They knew us! Or at least my dad, I wasonly 7 at the time, so I doubt that anyone would recognize me all grown up. They let us tour the back and were still using the equipment that my dad and mom had used. It was very cool to see these places that I haven't been back to since we left about 18 years ago. It was very emotional for my mom especially, and very emotionally draining for me.

hmmm...

No comments: