Sunday, July 24, 2005

Becoming real, growing up, or becoming more senile


You know you've really grown up when...

Your church values your opinions, views and talents and you finally realize why.
You come out of a plethora of chaotic years of life and come out beating the system.
You realize that most people have depth and you strangely desire to learn more about them.
You feel that you are old and unattractive at 25, or almost 25 in my case.
Things that used to be important, aren't, like material things.
You know where you belong, and you actively seek out things and time to strengthen that area of your life.
When being 'real' with people is the norm, and not just something you are with close friends and family.

The fall out artfest was yesterday, Friday, and today? Not sure, but if anything it was a good experience for me in general. I love the people there. I love people who are passionate about Christ, about the community that they are from, about being committed to one another and others who share this uninhibited passion to love on our Father. It's an amazing and beautiful thing.

During our last worship/finale bluer had this VJ thing going on about 12 differently stacked TV's... Pretty cool! I'm sure that it'll be on our website soon. Enter the worship Circle type worship with drums in the audience, dancing, fire dancers, (Caleb was dancing and amazed by the fire dancing), and painters. I've always wanted to paint during worship, so last night I took the plunge. It was interesting to find that I didn't feel 'naked' while my painting took shape as I usually do when creating a piece. That in it's self is probably a good indication of where my heart was/is. Everyone sort of disappeared as the paint met the glass canvas. Love in paint, life in reality.

That is how I know I'm grown up, or almost there... :-p

No comments: