Wednesday, July 20, 2005

For the love of the life jacket!

You have no idea how close I grew to my life jacket in the boundary waters! (and okay, so my journal is still in my purse down stairs... yeah, I'm sorry! But it's looking good for the entry to be written when I get time... or this weekend. ;) I know you are just 'dying' to know what I'm writing on that rock cliff below)
So this life jacket was my seat, flotation device and pillow. Such a fair friend. Beautiful and Yellow, zippers to keep me safely in it's grasp. What a plethora of happy moments spent with this inadiment object that it was almost hard to say goodbye and leave it at the BWX's base camp. But ahh, indeed I did, with thoughts of the next person to experience it's loving graces and echoing yellow color. Life Jacket, wherever you are, this photo is for you! Miss you,
love,
Melody.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Great minds think alike!

I completely identify with your affection for your lifejacket. After getting back to the base camp, I felt lost without it. That's what happens when you use something almost 24/7!

I'm in anticipation to read the journal entry that you've mentioned!