Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Laces hold the souls of the world in good standing


Shoes... Aren't they adorable things!! I found a pair of shoes (well my friend Justin did) that are like gardening shoes. They're rubber with holes in them! Amazing things... I wear them to work now since they are technically 'covered toe' shoes. This has been such a joy to a girl who grew up on a resort where shoes were merely options and not required.


Our hiking boots had some of the best views, as they sun dried themselves. (mine are on the far right).

Another pair of shoes that I love are my point shoes. Yes, ballet. I have a ton of these hard toe'd shoes. Laced in all their ribbon glory of leather and canvas glued and baked together.... Beautiful things.

I have this pair of red shoes that I just love, worn and torn from wear. Splattered with paint, they are beautiful pieces of artwork. I think they even leak a little bit... I wore them to a Halloween, Alaska show last year... (March or April of 2004) and stepped in a puddle-wet feet resulted after dancing at the Times bar of course! I love my shoes... Flip flops especially... I believe I've worn them to weddings with my 'wedding' attire. When I was little I had this pair of Brown shoes that I adored (well that's what mom says anyway) so much that anything brown was called 'brown shoes'. "Melody what color is that teddy bear?" "Brown Shoes." I replied. And that's all I have to say about shoes...

No comments: